Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Kidney Stone



So I've been anxiously waiting for the day where I can go back to the gym and have a full workout. I can't wait to get back into classes and get back to personal training and weight lifting. I'm really tired of just walking on the treadmill because for now that's all I can do.

These past two weeks since having my appendectomy have been going by pretty fast. I've been picking up some extra hours at work and keeping busy. Although, I do have to say that I have been feeling this strange pain in my stomach - specifically in my lower right area where my hip is. Until today I pretty much have been ignoring it thinking that it was just my scar tissue healing form the surgery.

This morning I woke up in a lot of pain and was puzzled at what was going on. I went to the doctor today and found out after some testing that I have a kidney stone!!! :( So not cool! I'm in a lot of pain right now. I would have to say on a 1-10 scale - 1 being low and 10 high -- it's probably about a 6. Although, the doctor did say that I should pass the kidney stone in the next 72 hours and that will hurt the worst.

What I'm frustrated the most about is that I just can't seem to get a break lately. I mean my god, first I have to get all the saline taken out of my lap band, then I get into a car accident, then I get my appendix out, and now kidney stones? I'm not trying to have pitty party -- I"m just annoyed as hell. I don't get it.

After I get better and am allowed back to the gym, I"m going to go full force and do everything in my power to become a much healthier person because I seem to get sick with things a lot.

Tuesday I'm flying out to Minnesota for a week to spend time with my dad and friends. I'm looking forward to it.

I'll let you know how things are going this weekend, and if it has passed or not. Please keep your fingers crossed that it does, because the last place I want to be when it does pass is on a plane. :(

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment